Dr. Feifei Fan’s group has Ph.D. openings in solid mechanics and mechanical behavior of materials:
- Atomistic simulations of deformation and failure mechanisms. Experience in molecular dynamics (tools include but not limited to LAMMPS and OVITO) is highly preferred.
- Coarse-grained modeling of micromechanics. Experience in finite element analysis (tools include but not limited to ABAQUS and MOOSE) is highly preferred.
- Design, fabrication, and testing of architected materials. Experience in 3D printing, digital image correlation, and mechanical testing is highly preferred.
Minimum requirements for admission:
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- TOEFL score of 80 or equivalent IELTS (For students who have completed a B.S. or M.S. at an English-speaking university, this requirement is waived.)
- GRE (no minimum requirement)
A degree of M.S. is highly preferred.
Interested applicants may contact: Dr. Fan <email@example.com>.
The University of Nevada, Reno is a Carnegie “R1” research university. The Mechanical Engineering graduate program is ranked No. 121 in the nation by the 2020 U.S. News & World Report. Reno is 45 minutes from Lake Tahoe and its magnificent recreational opportunities, and 4 hours from San Francisco. The area has a population of 425,000, a convenient international airport and growing engineering, high-tech and arts communities.